24 January 2015

Choo Choo Chicken





Located in the caffeinated and diabetic Kampong Glam, Choo Choo is a breath of fresh air from the countless cafes that had sprouted like mushrooms there.


When I ate my first Korean Fried Chicken (KFC) at Bon Chon, I was floored by how delicious and different KFC is from non-KFC such as Kentucky Fried Chicken. Unlike Kentucky Fried Chicken, KFC is double fried and hence the skin is crunchier, less oily. Ever since then, I have put away my weighing scales and embarked on my search for the best KFC. 






We learnt from our waiter that the two most popular sides were the fried mushrooms and wedges. We chose the fried mushrooms ($4, above). Not sure if it was because we were famished, but the mushrooms were very yummy. Coated with a layer of crust was thinly cut flat mushrooms. And points added for being served piping hot.







For the main event, we got the two most popular flavours: soy and spicy. We got the Set A which comes with 2 wings and a soft drink for $10. 
The sweet Korean soy sauce (above) was wondrously coated on the crumbly skin which when cracked revealed tender and juicy meat. Thumbs up for the special soy sauce flavour which was sweet and umami.. but thumbs down for the pathetic portion (only 2 wings?  Seriously..)






The chilli wings (above) were super spicy and I only managed to eat one piece. My friend initially thought it was soy chicken and took a bite too huge and was choked by the piquant and stinging spiciness. It's really spicy and not for the faint of heart. Don't say I never warn choo.. 


Surprisingly the place was empty on a Friday 10pm night. Service was polite but I wished they served faster. But I noted no GST or service charge which is a plus point. I also wished they had more wings for the same price. Then again, I would go back again for the soy sauce wings if you ask me.



Address: 33 Bali Lane, Singapore 189869

Phone number: 6299 0980

1 comment:

  1. Love choo choo chicken !! Meals are tasty n huge potion with reasonable cost. I have tried most of their food and I can assure you that they are all delicious!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...