6 February 2014

Sakura International Buffet

I don't usually go to buffets because it's difficult to find really good quality ones that don't make me feel ouch when I pay.  Nevertheless, there would be days when I am in a "i-want-to-eat-till-i-burst" mode or the fickle monster's "I want laksa but also sashimi" mode. Even though my wallet might not agree with my mood. So on my mission to search for a budget buffet, I came across Sakura and decided to give it a try since:
- it's probably the cheapest international buffet in Singapore ($26 ++ for weekend lunch). 
- it has 8k fans on Facebook. So can't be that bad right?
- it serves Ben & jerry ice cream. If the food cannot make it, at least we can still "piah" the ice cream to redeem the ticket price.

There are quite a few outlets in Singapore (Dhoby Ghaut, Pasir Ris, Admiralty Park, Clementi, Jurong, Tampines, Yio Chu Kang). I visited the Pasir Ris outlet. I didn't take pics of all the food but I thought the variety was quite reasonable. 

Sushi & sashimi counter





BBQ station.. Just need to clip the binder clip (found at our table) to the meat sign we wanted and the chef grilled it and served to our table. 



Pizza and Western food


There was a Asian counter serving scallop congee, crayfish, dim sum, noodles.




There was a local delicacy station serving Hainanese chicken rice and cooks laksa on the spot. Laksa was good!


There was a fried food station containing chicken wings, tempura prawns, fried dumplings. Tempura was nice!


Hot station serving chawanmushi, herbal chicken and soups (mushroom, "shark fin", radish)


Drinks station


Ice cream station

Fruits station

Desserts station serving the usual suspect durian puff, chocolate eclairs, fruit pudding 



The good:
- tempura prawn
- crayfish
- sashimi
- BBQ chicken satay 
- grilled Thai sauce prawns
- laksa
- durian puff
- ice cream
- lychee and mango puddings

The rest are not worth the calories. 

Overall rating: 2.75/5

Overall, I think it is an average buffet with excellent price. Don't go there expecting hotel standard. Don't "hiam" so much and you will find that it is actually "can eat lah". Set the expectation correctly to avoid disappointment. I don't mind going back during weekday which is even cheaper ($23++). 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...