2 June 2013

Goki day : Korean BBQ

My friend and I had a craving for Korean BBQ and after researching, we decided to visit Goki Day. The best Korean BBQ that I had was during my Korea trip in 2011. It was unforgettable and I have not come across any Korean BBQ in Singapore that could bring me back to Korea. Hence, after learning that Goki Day was run by Koreans, coupled with the 100% score that it garnered on Hungrygowhere.com, my expectations were raised significantly.

The restaurant was located along a stretch of shophouses along Upper Serangoon Road. 


The interior was spacious and it was full house on a Friday night.. The buffet had a variety of raw meats e.g. Chicken, pork belly, beef, crab sticks, sotong.



There were also cooked food e.g. Ginseng porridge, Korean pancakes, glass noodles, rice cakes etc. They don't look appetizing and were not the highlights. The star was the bbq meat. The grill drips the oil away. The waitresses were very attentive and helped to scrap the black charred every 10 minutes. 


Eating the Korean way - putting a piece of BBQ meat in a piece of lettuce, wrap and eat.


I think we over loaded our plates with the food and hence I was too full until I felt it was meat overdose. We took too much of the pork belly, which I thought was hard and had a smell. However, I enjoyed the chicken more but too bad my belly was filled up with the pork belly. 

Overall, this is still a very good place to hang out with a group of friends over BBQ. The Koreans running the place were very hospitable and I had no complaints about their service. Nevertheless, I guess my best memories of Korean BBQ food were still probably left in Korea. 

Must tries:
- Chicken
- watermelon

Address:
19 Teck Chye Terrace
Singapore 545725

Reservations are recommended. The place was full on a Friday night and the staff had to turn away some walk-in customers.

Opening hours:
Mon - Sun: 11:30 - 14:30
Mon - Sun: 17:30 - 22:00

Price:
Lunch buffet: S$15.90++
Dinner buffet: S$24.90++
There is currently a early dinner promotion of 20% off (excluding drinks) between 5pm and 7pm (must finish by 7pm)


2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi
    This is Goki Day Korean BBQ.
    Thank you for your compliment.

    I am here to update a few changes.

    Opening hours:
    Mon - Sun 12noon - 3pm, 5:30 - 22:00/22;30

    Price:
    Lunch- Mon - Fri $15:90+ Adult $9.90+ Child

    Sat /Sun/PH $25.90+ $15.90+


    Dinner Mon-Thu $25.90+ Adult $15.90+ Child
    Fri/Sat/Sun/PH/PH Eve $26.90+, $15.90+

    Child below 90cm Free
    90cm - 120cm child price

    The 20% early bird is presently 10% discount.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...