7 October 2018

Barcelona | Arume

Just one week in Spain brought its cuisine to the top of my most favourites of all time. That's understandable, given that it is the country that invented culinary foams and spheres, and home to some of the top restaurants in the world e.g. El Cellar de Can Roca. But to score an entry meant I had to go back one year in time to reserve it. I also really wanted to get tickets for Albert Adria's Tickets. Both were impossible to get in.

Thank goodness there were some really good restaurants that just required me to book a few days in advance. When I reached Arume restaurant and saw the long waiting line, I was delighted with my own foresight.

Spanish cuisine is regional in nature and Wikipedia does a decent job summarizing it. Arume is based on Galician cuisine and it brought the coastal Galicia to Barcelona with its rich flavours and seafood. We inhaled the crispy octopus that's cooked to perfection, with the paprika mayo and lime adding zest to the sweetness of the octopus. We did not regret ordering the duck paella over the seafood paella. Best paella ever. The duck was moist, tender, and the rice was soaked with so much flavors and cooked to the right texture - neither too mushy nor dry. We were told the blackberry mojito is a must and indeed it was - icy, fruity with a fiery kick.

We really love Arume's cosy atmosphere which had an element of quirkiness. The praise was certainly not because of what we saw in a man-made well near the restroom. Thank you Arume for making this one of the memorable highlights of our trip.

Crispy octopus, potato foam, paprika mayo and lime (€ 13.5)

Duck paella rice with Padrón peppers (€ 16.5)

Blackberry mojito (€ 8)


They'll throw you in a well if you don't like their food. 


Address: Carrer d'En Botella, 11-13, 08001 Barcelona, Spain

6 comments:

  1. Hello Everybody,
    My name is Mrs Sharon Sim. I live in Singapore and i am a happy woman today? and i told my self that any lender that rescue my family from our poor situation, i will refer any person that is looking for loan to him, he gave me happiness to me and my family, i was in need of a loan of $250,000.00 to start my life all over as i am a single mother with 3 kids I met this honest and GOD fearing man loan lender that help me with a loan of $250,000.00 SG. Dollar, he is a GOD fearing man, if you are in need of loan and you will pay back the loan please contact him tell him that is Mrs Sharon, that refer you to him. contact Dr Purva Pius,via email:(urgentloan22@gmail.com) Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OpenRice is the Yelp of Asia. It shows a city’s most popular restaurants, ratings, menus, booking numbers, and everything in between. It’s widespread
    in Southeast Asia and a better resource than Yelp. It has listings for Hong Kong, Malaysia, Indonesia, Singapore, Thailand, and the Philippines. The app
    puts the power of the website at your fingertips.
    App Name: OpenRice

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am impressed by the quality of information on this website. There are a lot of good resources here. I am sure I will visit this place again soon.
    food exporters

    ReplyDelete
  4. OpenRice is the Yelp of Asia. It shows a city’s most popular restaurants, ratings, menus, booking numbers, and everything in between. It’s widespread
    in Southeast Asia and a better resource than Yelp. It has listings for Hong Kong, Malaysia, Indonesia, Singapore, Thailand, and the Philippines. The app puts the power of the website at your fingertips.
    App Name: OpenRice

    ReplyDelete
  5. Especially, I like it the drinks.
    Get the latest tourist places that you should definitely visit in 2022. The Local Feet

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...