5 June 2016

Tambuah Mas


I can't believe that I haven't talked about Tambuah Mas. It's easily in my top most favourite and my to-go whenever I need my fix of comfort food. Recently I went there and over-ordered and almost died from over-eating. I thought it would be a good opportunity to introduce most of the dishes in this post.


Tahu Telor, Beef rendang ($9.50), Chicken satay ($9) - I never leave this place without ordering the Tahu Telor. This is fried tofu with fragrant egg floss. It's crispy on the outside and soft on the inside, a can't-go-wrong texture. But the key was the generous sweet soy dark sauce which is an Indonesian special. The Beef rendang and chicken satay are also not too bad but there's no X-factor.


Ikan Pepes ($7.50), Udang Belado ($11.50) - Another dish that I always order is Ikan Pepes which is actually otah. But the otah is made of sea bass not the usual mackerel. I can't tell the difference between sea bass and mackerel but it doesn't matter. Because Tambuah Mas' otah is like heaven - aromatic and melts in the mouth. The prawns were ok but not fantastic.


Es Chendol Kacang, Es Delima
And the chendol is like the most amazing ever. As a Singaporean with unbiased judgement, I declare the Indonesians make better chendol than the Malaysians. A good chendol is one which is well balanced with coconut milk and Gula Melaka (palm sugar) and the perfect ratio is found at Tambuah Mas. On the other hand, the Es Delima which is water chestnuts is too sweet for me.

Address: Paragon #B1-44

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...