28 March 2015

Tribute for an Old Guard

"Whoever governs Singapore must have that iron in him. Or give it up. This is not a game of cards. This is your life and mine. I've spent a whole lifetime building this and as long as I'm in charge, nobody is going to knock it down" - Lee Kuan Yew 


Dear Mr Lee

Words can’t express how blessed I feel to be born in a generation that is enjoying the fruits of your labour.

Without you, my life certainly would not be the same today.

My home is where my parents can sleep well even if I had to come home late. 

My home is a meritocratic society where I know I am rewarded for my hard work and capabilities.

My home is a community which people care for and trust each other. 

My home is a first class nation that is top in many aspects in the world.

And that is because you set high benchmarks and values for us to follow. 

We will miss your will, wit and wisdom.

Thank you. RIP.


Pic source: Straits Times

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...