10 May 2015

Tokyo | Maisen Tonkatsu












I could still remember the last tonkatsu (fried breaded pork fillet) that I ate before Maisen. It was almost a year ago. At a restaurant in Clarke Quay. Hmmm the tonkatsu could make an advertising subject for dental floss. I haven't been eating tonkatsu since then. 

Until I was in Tokyo. Since I was I was there, I googled for the best tonkatsu in Tokyo. And Maisen consistently popped up in search results.

I got the black pork tonkatsu loin. It was a good choice as the loin was more fatty, juicy. It was amazingly soft and tender. No meat stuck between the teeth. The cabbage was free flow and they were crunchy and sweet. I discovered the omnivorous side of me when I kept asking the waiter to refill the cabbage. 

They have a main outlet set in a traditional bath house. If I'm there again, I go for the bath house outlet for a different experience. 

Address: 2 chrome-24-1, Shibuya station, 9th floor.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...