22 August 2013

Antoinette at Palais Rennaisance

For the dessert and afternoon tea lovers, I'm quite sure Antoinette requires no introduction. The famous cafe was opened by local chef Pang Kok Keong who was formerly the Executive Pastry Chef at Les Amis Group, and he's also the one that conceptualized my favorite dessert place Canele Patisserie.

Antoinette has three other outlets: Lavender Penhas Street, Mandarin Gallery and Scarlet Hotel. I visited the Palai Rennaisance outlet on a Saturday afternoon for some cakes. I am a lover for pretty cakes and garden-like setting so this one really hits me in the centre.

Such a pretty restaurant.. With royal-like cushions and seats, I felt instantly like a princess!


Meet Chantilly ($9, below), one of the cakes in Antoinette's 2013 collection. It is made of passionfruit creme and sweetened vanilla meringue, and a slice of banana hid in the crust. I am a big fan of anything that has fruits so this gets my thumbs up for being sweet and fruity. 4/5


Le Royale ($9, below) is a combination a dark chocolate mousse, almond meringue, hazelnut almond feuilletine, chocolate genoise and dark rum. In layman terms, it's a chocolate and hazelnut cake. This is for the chocolate lover as the chocolate was very rich and dense. The base was a hazelnut almond feuilletine which was akin to thin crispy waffles. Overall, the texture was rich and crispy. It was like eating a chocolate cake and hazelnut waffle biscuit. 4/5

Tip : I was struggling whether or not to share this new secret.. This place was quite empty during a Saturday afternoon. Considering the whole of Singapore was in Orchard on a weekend, I think this is a great place to escape the crazy crowds for a nice afternoon tea. 


Can't wait to go back to try more desserts.
Officially tagged this in "My Faves" too!

Address:
390 Orchard Road
#B1-08/09/17
Palai Renaissance 
Singapore 238871

Opening hours: check website for latest info
http://www.antoinette.com.sg/contact.html

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...